Absolute Antibody (North America)
Absolute Antibody (AbAb) offers fully customized services for the sequencing, engineering, humanization and manufacture of antibodies for the biotherapeutics, diagnostics and reagent markets. Using our proprietary high yield transient transfection system, we focus on making the production of milligram to gram quantities of antibody quicker and more cost effective for early to mid-stage therapeutic projects Our global client base includes large pharmaceutical and diagnostic companies, biotechs and academic institutions.
Located in Boston’s innovative Seaport District, Absolute Antibody’s North American site opened in 2018 to support the Redcar, UK based headquarters. In 2020 Absolute Antibody was purchased by LSBio with offices in Seattle WA.
Location: This position is remote with clients located on the West Coast of North America
We are looking for a Business Development Associate / Manager to present and promote our services to potential clients in North and South America. The ideal candidate will be technically very strong with extensive industry or academic experience particularly in antibody production and or engineering. Some commercial/sales experience would be an advantage but not essential. However, a strong and demonstrable commitment to a career in business development is essential.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Sales AbAb custom services business unit. Responsibilities will include working as part of a growing sales team to identify new accounts and new business opportunities within existing accounts with the aim of establishing long term business partnerships. Successful individuals will be self-motivated and specific duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Achieve annual sales targets for the territory
- Generate new business leads and support established client base
- Arranges meetings or teleconferences with prospective clients
- Provide technical information and coordinate presentations in collaboration with scientific leads
- Organize and hosts client visits
- Prepare proposals and quotes
- Utilize Salesforce to manage the sales pipeline
- Provide weekly sales activity reports to management
- Collaborate with companywide resources to achieve superior customer satisfaction
- Set and manage customer expectations
- Maintain knowledge on key competitor activities
- Attend relevant conferences when required and follow up on leads
- Approximately 50% travel is expected within North America and some international travel.
Education/Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in the life science or business; PhD preferred; MBA preferred
- Strong commercial and negotiating skills
- Great interpersonal, communication, and presentational skills
- Capable of identifying appropriate clients and partners
- Able and willing to operate remotely, whilst remaining a key member of the team
- Experience selling in the CRO/CMO or pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Demonstrated ability to acquire and grow client base
If you would be a good fit for our team, please submit your CV/resume to email@example.com.