Absolute Antibody is a rapidly growing global company specializing in recombinant antibody technology. We offer antibody sequencing, engineering and recombinant production as custom services, as well as a unique reagents catalog of engineered recombinant antibodies. Since our founding in 2012, we have been at the forefront of the movement to make recombinant antibodies more readily available to research labs. Our company mission is to make engineered recombinant antibodies accessible to all, with customers ranging from large pharmaceutical companies and cutting-edge biotechs to diagnostic developers and academic researchers worldwide.
Our sister company Kerafast facilitates access to unique research tools developed by academic investigators. Researchers from 200 institutions worldwide have made innovative reagents – including antibodies, cell lines, proteins and more – available through the Kerafast program. The two companies merged in 2018 and share a commitment to improving the selection of research tools available to the global scientific community. In 2020, both Absolute Antibody and Kerafast became part of the LSBio family of scientific companies.
We are looking for a Marketing Communications Coordinator to join our Boston office, located in the innovative Seaport District. The successful candidate will support marketing efforts for both Absolute Antibody and Kerafast. He or she will report to our Senior Director of Marketing, and also work closely with colleagues from business development, product management, sales and R&D to plan and implement marketing programs.
Our company is rapidly growing, and the new Marketing Communications Coordinator will have a real impact on our company’s continued growth and development. The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to building a career in life science marketing. We will consider candidates with a marketing or communications background with a demonstrable interest in the sciences, as well as candidates with a scientific background wanting to transition to a marketing career. Either way, successful individuals will have strong writing and organizational skills, with a close attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines.
This role will include a wide variety of projects, allowing you to learn about life science marketing communications in a small but fast-paced setting. Projects include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate company’s presence at US and European scientific conferences, including material development, printing and shipping; managing exhibitor logistics; and developing strategies and content to promote our attendance. Potential to travel to several conferences per year
- Draft, edit and proof marketing content, such as brochures, fliers, e-newsletters and other email campaigns, blog articles, and social media posts. Help design materials using Adobe software and ensure all materials align with company messaging and branding
- Conduct research to identify and evaluate marketing opportunities
- Aid with company’s PR and advertising programs, including distributing press releases, tracking company mentions, and monitoring relevant life science industry news
- Aid in the maintenance of the company’s website, social media channels, Google Ads campaigns, and other digital advertising
- Manage the marketing team’s contact databases and list of product citations in peer-reviewed research
- Review the effectiveness of marketing communications activities, develop metric reports, and analyze opportunities for improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in either a marketing/communications-related field or the life sciences
- 0-2 years of experience, ideally with some exposure to science marketing communications
- Strong writing skills, ideally with experience translating scientific or other complex information into materials for a variety of audiences. Final candidates will be asked to submit writing samples.
- Great organizational skills, with a strong attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple deadlines
- A self-starter attitude with a willingness to work on a variety of projects, big and small, and jump in to help where needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, Google Analytics, Google Ads, email marketing software, SalesForce and/or WordPress is a plus
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.