Absolute Antibody offers a quick and professional hybridoma sequencing service, also known as antibody sequencing. Hybridoma sequencing is the sequencing of the cDNA encoding the variable heavy (VH) and variable light (VL) domains of your hybridoma cell line. Sequencing the antibody genes of your hybridoma offers many advantages including the following:
- Security – your antibody can always be produced recombinantly even if your hybridoma line is lost
- Humanisation – once you know the VH and VL sequences you can proceed to humanisation if part of a therapeutic antibody project
- Flexibility – convert your antibody to any species, isotype or format
- Intellectual property – patent the sequences of your unique variable domains
Guaranteed antibody sequencing service
In our proprietary process, mRNA is extracted from approximately 100,000 hybridoma cells, cDNA is synthesised and the variable domains are amplified by one of two PCR based approaches – V-region PCR or 5′ RACE. Hybridomas often contain multiple non-functional or aberrant antibody genes, in this case the use of two orthologous techniques enables more accurate determination of the true functional heavy and light chain sequences.
Our antibody sequencing service provides the following:
- Determination of variable heavy and light sequences (typically including the signal peptides)
- Species and IgG sub-type confirmation
- Rapid service – sequences are often confirmed within 1 week
- Accuracy – our process has been developed to minimise the false identification of aberrant light chains that are often present in hybridomas
- Follow on services – antibody sequencing can be combined with our antibody engineering and antibody expression services.
|Customer provides||Absolute Antibody delivers||Timeline||Promotional Price|
|2x 1ml aliquots of hybridoma||VH and VL sequences and full report||2-4 weeks||$950 / £750 / €900|
To receive a quote or discuss your requirements in more detail email firstname.lastname@example.org.