We’re always excited to see peer-reviewed publications citing Absolute Antibody products and services. Below is a select list of articles that illustrate the benefits of our recombinant antibody technology for various research applications.
If you’ve published a paper citing Absolute Antibody, we’d love to hear about it! Please contact us and let us know.
Fc Silent™ Technology
Our Fc Silent antibodies™ have a genetically engineered Fc domain with key point mutations that abrogate binding of Fc receptors and abolish ADCC effector function. Below are several articles illustrating the use of Fc Silent™ technology to exploit antibody binding activity while excluding Fc-dependent effector function.
- Sun D, et al. Rat IgG mediated circulatory cell depletion in mice requires mononuclear phagocyte system and is facilitated by complement. J Leukoc Biol. 2020 Mar;107(3):529-539. doi: 10.1002/JLB.4A1219-078R.
- Lago N, et al. CD200 modulates spinal cord injury neuroinflammation and outcome through CD200R1. Brain Behav Immun. 2018 Oct;73:416-426. doi: 10.1016/j.bbi.2018.06.002.
- Sagiv-Barfi I, et al. Eradication of spontaneous malignancy by local immunotherapy. Sci Transl Med. 2018 Jan 31;10(426). pii: eaan4488. doi: 10.1126/scitranslmed.aan4488.
Chimeric Rabbit Antibodies
Chimeric antibodies consist of an antibody’s original antigen-binding variable domain with the constant domain from a different species. Below are several articles illustrating the use of chimeric rabbit IgG antibodies to expand the usefulness of classic research clones.
- Nguyen TKT, et al. Mycobacterial trehalose 6,6′-dimycolate-induced M1-type inflammation. Am J Pathol. 2020 Feb;190(2):286-294. doi: 10.1016/j.ajpath.2019.10.006.
- Lazarchuk P, et al. Mutual balance of histone deacetylases HDAC1, HDAC2, and the acetyl reader ATAD2 regulates the level of acetylation of histone H4 on nascent chromatin of human cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2020 Feb 3. pii: MCB.00421-19. doi:10.1128/MCB.00421-19.
- McWilliams IL, et al. Pseudovirus rVSVΔG-ZEBOV-GP infects neurons in retina and CNS, causing apoptosis and neurodegeneration in neonatal mice. Cell Rep. 2019 Feb 12;26(7):1718-1726.e4. doi: 10.1016/j.celrep.2019.01.069.
Our proprietary cloning system enables rapid reformatting of antibodies into any format. The below research uses antibodies engineered into unusual formats, including (top to bottom) human IgE, goat IgG and recombinant Fab2 fragment.
- Felce JH, et al. CD45 exclusion- and cross-linking-based receptor signaling together broaden FcεRI reactivity. Sci Signal. 2018 Dec 18;11(561). pii: eaat0756. doi: 10.1126/scisignal.aat0756.
- Yari H, et al. LncRNA REG1CP promotes tumorigenesis through an enhancer complex to recruit FANCJ helicase for REG3A transcription. Nat Commun. 2019 Nov 25;10(1):5334. doi: 10.1038/s41467-019-13313-z.
- Shen K, et al. Dual role of ribosome-binding domain of NAC as a potent suppressor of protein aggregation and aging-related proteinopathies. Mol Cell. 2019 May 16;74(4):729-741.e7. doi: 10.1016/j.molcel.2019.03.012.
We engineer and recombinantly manufacture antibodies for customers worldwide in a wide variety of formats (see all 180+ formats we’ve made to date here). Below are several articles citing custom antibodies produced by Absolute Antibody.
- Wang, et al. First immunoassay for measuring isoaspartate in human serum albumin. Molecules. 2021 Nov; 26(21): 6709. doi: 10.3390/molecules26216709.
- Nath N, Godat B, Flemming R, Urh M. Deciphering the interaction between neonatal Fc receptor and antibodies using a homogeneous bioluminescent immunoassay. J Immunol. 2021;207(4):1211-1221. doi:10.4049/jimmunol.2100181.
- Hass M, et al. mDKN-01, a novel anti-DKK1 mAb, enhances innate immune responses in the tumor microenvironment. Mol Cancer Res. 2021 Feb 16. doi: 10.1158/1541-7786.MCR-20-0799.
- Holzer B, et al. Protective porcine influenza virus-specific monoclonal antibodies recognize similar haemagglutinin epitopes as humans. PLoS Pathog. 2021 Mar 4;17(3):e1009330. doi: 10.1371/journal.ppat.1009330. (View our case study.)
- Raj DK, et al. Anti-PfGARP activates programmed cell death of parasites and reduces severe malaria. Nature. 2020 April. doi:10.1038/s41586-020-2220-1. (View our case study.)
- Jovic M, et al. Qualification of a surface plasmon resonance assay to determine binding of IgG-type antibodies to complement component C1q. Biologicals. 2019 Sep;61:76-79. doi: 10.1016/j.biologicals.2019.08.004.
- Kurosawa N, et al. High throughput development of TCR-mimic antibody that targets survivin-2B(80-88)/HLA-A*A24 and its application in a bispecific T-cell engager. Sci Rep. 2019 Jul 8;9(1):9827. doi: 10.1038/s41598-019-46198-5.
- Jain A, et al. Endothelin-1 traps potently reduce pathologic markers back to basal levels in an in vitro model of diabetes. J Diabetes Metab Disord. 2018 Oct 18;17(2):189-195. doi: 10.1007/s40200-018-0360-8.
- Jiménez de Oya N, et al. Pathogen-specific B-cell receptors drive chronic lymphocytic leukemia by light-chain-dependent cross-reaction with autoantigens. EMBO Mol Med. 2017 Nov;9(11):1482-1490. doi: 10.15252/emmm.201707732.
- Cymer F, et al. Evaluation of an FcRn affinity chromatographic method for IgG1-type antibodies and evaluation of IgG variants. Bioanalysis. 2017 Sep;9(17):1305-1317. doi: 10.4155/bio-2017-0109.
- Li D, et al. Development of a T-cell receptor mimic antibody against wild-type p53 for cancer immunotherapy. Cancer Res. 2017 May 15;77(10):2699-2711. doi: 10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-16-3247.
Fc Fusion Protein Production
Fc fusion proteins are composed of the Fc domain of IgG genetically linked to a peptide or protein of interest. Below are several articles citing custom Fc fusion proteins produced by Absolute Antibody.
- Donlan A, et al. IL-13 is a driver of COVID-19 severity. JCI Insight. 2021 Aug 9;6(15):e150107. doi: 10.1172/jci.insight.150107.
- Jain A, et al. Creating a soluble binder to endothelin-1 based on the natural ligand binding domains of the endothelin-1 (G-protein-coupled) receptor. Int J Pept Res Ther. 2019;25:107–114. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10989-017-9653-x.
- Nath N, Flemming R, Godat B, Urh M. Development of NanoLuc bridging immunoassay for detection of anti-drug antibodies. J Immunol Methods. 2017 Nov;450:17-26. doi: 10.1016/j.jim.2017.07.006.
Multiple Engineered Formats
Recombinant antibody technology enables one proven clone to become available in a variety of unique formats. Below, we look at two popular clones being used in different engineered formats to further research.
- Human Fab fragment: Tateishi-Karimata H, et al. Destabilization of DNA G-quadruplexes by chemical environment changes during tumor progression facilitates transcription. J Am Chem Soc. 2018 Jan 17;140(2):642-651. doi: 10.1021/jacs.7b09449.
- Mouse IgG1: Zhang X, et al. G-quadruplex structures at the promoter of HOXC10 regulate its expression. Biochim Biophys Acta Gene Regul Mech. 2018 Nov;1861(11):1018-1028. doi: 10.1016/j.bbagrm.2018.09.004.
- Goat IgG: Yari H, et al. LncRNA REG1CP promotes tumorigenesis through an enhancer complex to recruit FANCJ helicase for REG3A transcription. Nat Commun. 2019 Nov 25;10(1):5334. doi: 10.1038/s41467-019-13313-z.
- Mouse IgG2a: Paul LM, et al. Dengue virus antibodies enhance Zika virus infection. Clin Transl Immunology. 2016 Dec 16;5(12):e117. doi: 10.1038/cti.2016.72.
- Human IgG1: Tai W, et al. Rational design of Zika virus subunit vaccine with enhanced efficacy. J Virol. 2019 Aug 13;93(17). pii: e02187-18. doi: 10.1128/JVI.02187-18.
- Rabbit IgG: Ravichandran S, et al. Differential human antibody repertoires following Zika infection and the implications for serodiagnostics and disease outcome. Nat Commun. 2019 Apr 26;10(1):1943. doi: 10.1038/s41467-019-09914-3.